Business as Usual at Sorrento Community Centre
Sorrento Community Centre continues to work closely with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), the Department of Education and Training, and the Mornington Peninsula Shire to plan and respond to any likely impacts for our community from COVID-19.
The Centre, including Sorrento Early Learning is presently OPEN. We will continue to monitor the situation, and keep you informed as information comes to hand. Community programs and activities are 'business as usual'- but please use your judgment regarding your own health and risk factors. We will contact participants if the situation changes.
Please do NOT enter the Centre if you - or people you have been in contact with -
- left or transited through mainland China, Iran or South Korea in the last 14 days (must self-isolate themselves for 14 days from date of leaving)
- been in close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus in the last 14 days (must self-isolate themselves for 14 days after the date of last contact with the confirmed case)
- are showing any cold or flu-like syptoms. If you have any symptoms, call the dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398. Even if your symptoms are not related to coronavirus, please do NOT visit our Centre until you are fully recovered.
Ways to Reduce the Risk of Coronavirus
- Wash your hands often with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds. DRY with paper towel or hand dryer.
- Try NOT to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
Isolate yourself at home if you feel sick. If you take medication ensure you have adequate supplies
- Phone your GP first if you need medical attention. They will tell you what to do.
- Continue healthy habits: exercise, drink water, get plenty of sleep, and now is the time to quit smoking. Call the Quitline 137 848.
- Don't wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buy an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60% alcohol
- Get the flu shot (available April).
- Shaking hands is NOT recommended.